top of page

Zoning and Planning Department

The Zoning Officer and Planning Administrator is available for questions at the Township Building during normal business hours and may be reached at 610-967-4949 ext. 116 or by email at

Uniform Construction permit issuance, plan review and inspections as required by the Uniform Construction Code are handled by Cowan Associates. Please drop off all uniform construction permit applications at the Township office. 

The Township Sewage Enforcement Officer is responsible for all evaluations, ratings and inspections of septic sites and installations. You can contact him (John Kortvely) at 610-349-9833.

Please reference the "Permits/Documents" page for more information on permit applications and Township zoning. 

• Permits are not required for moving or yard sales.
• A Certificate of Occupancy is required for new construction only, NOT for resale.


***Please Note:  While the Zoning Officer will gladly discuss your proposed project with you, conversations on the phone or in our office with the Zoning Officer are not binding on the Zoning Officer because of misunderstandings which arise in communications of this nature.  What you think you said may not be what we think we heard.  You must submit a zoning permit application, along with the required supporting documentation to get a formal and unequivocal response from the Zoning Officer.***


bottom of page